Mission & Vision
Mesa is a caring and supportive community.
- We foster a positive learning environment.
- We value the unique potential of all individuals.
- We empower students to become life-long learners.
- We encourage cooperative, responsible involvement in society.
Mesa Mustang Values:
Mesa is a Triple A+ School.
- Mesa Elementary School is a unique neighborhood school in south Boulder with a strong ACADEMIC focus that integrates the ARTS (visual arts and music) and ATHLETICS into the curriculum.
- Within the Boulder Valley School District, Mesa has developed a tradition of academic excellence where all students are challenged to excel and where learning is held in high regard.
- Emphasis is placed on active learning, self-confidence, understanding, and problem solving.
The critical attribute that distinguishes Mesa from other schools is our strong sense of community. We value the success of each and every student, and our parent community values education of the whole child. We help students build on their strengths and interests in a learning environment that is safe, nurturing, and connected to the larger community.
Mesa is a high-achieving elementary school nestled against the mountains in south Boulder. Mesa is a “Triple A+” school that balances academics, arts, and athletics. We offer our students a wide scope of learning opportunities. Our school has been awarded the John J. Irwin Award for Excellence as an outstanding school of distinction.
Academics are a high priority. Teachers use formative assessment practices to monitor student progress, provide descriptive feedback, and actively engage students as learners. Differentiation of instruction is woven into the structure of the day in all subject areas to meet the individual needs of the learners. Talented and Gifted (TAG) programs, learning center assistance, literacy, math and technology support are designed to help students discover their strengths and talents.
Mesa offers students a wide variety of special programs and activities related to academics, arts, athletics, cultural, and community activities. We encourage parents and children to take advantage of these opportunities that are available in our school.
- Junior Great Books
- Chess Club
- Talented and Gifted (TAG) programming
- Student Council
- Art Shows
- Grade-level Music Programs
- Instrumental Music
- M&Ms Vocal Choir
- Fitness Club
- Kids Heart Challenge
- Field Days
- 5th Grade Outdoor Education